Saturday, June 2, 2012

New (Old) Project - Grey Knights



I've decided that my lead project for this blog with be a Warhammer 40k project. An old project that I have a renewed interest in and one that I intend to work on this summer.  As my lead project.

Grey Knight will be my choice. After reading the Horus Heresy novel, Know No Fear, I immediately jumped into The Emperor's Gift, by Aaron Dembski-Bowden.  This is a brand new novel about the Grey Knights.  So far, it's been a great read, with no lull (at least, for me) in the storytelling.  I had started a Grey Knights project when the codex was released, but I quickly lost interest due to the lack of CURRENT background.  The older novels were out of date and didn't match the codex. It seems I can be a bit neurotic when it comes to my armies adhering to published material (call me crazy - it's just my thing).  But this new story is loaded with material.

So I'm starting my project with a single box of Grey Knights and a Stormraven Gunship (which I had laying around, unassembled).  My plan is to work on a 1,250 point list and move forward from there. Summer's here and as I had mentioned in earlier posts, my schedule has opened up a bit, so I have every intention of getting some heavy 40k gaming done.  Consider this a Warhammer summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment