Saturday, July 7, 2012

Getting Started with 6th Edition


As I mentioned in my last post, I'm going with Space Wolves for 6th edition.  Now for all intents and purposes, I am a complete amateur and my army lists will reflect that.  But I am not a competitive player in terms of having to win.  I play for the fun of the game and getting away from the chaos of every day life.  So my first list will be around 700 points and was created based on models that I was able to acquire cheaply or already had on hand.

HQ
Rune Priest - wolftooth necklace, saga of the warrior born (145)

Elite
Dreadnought - multi-melta, stormbolter, close combat arm (105)

Troops
10 Grey Hunters - power fist, melta gun x2 (180)
10 Grey Hunters - power fist, melta gun x2 (180)

Heavy
Predator - autocannon, heavy bolter sponsons, h/k (95)

705 points

Again, not much in the way of firepower or anti-tank, but I pretty much have to learn this game all over again, so I'm choosing this as a starting point and take it through it's paces before deciding my next steps or investing any more money on an army that I'm not having any fun with.

No comments:

Post a Comment