Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Lazy Sunday...


It was a lazy summer and too hot and humid out to do much and I wasn't in the mood to model or paint, so me and my middle daughter pulled out my copy of the Wrath of Ashardalon.  The second of three of Dungeons  Dragons adventure board games, we quickly skimmed through the rules (because I hadn't played it yet), and sat down for our first adventure.  I played a Dragonborn Wizard and she chose the Elf Paladin.  It was suggested in the rules that we play the second adventure for our first game.  The goal was to kill 12 monsters to win.  To make a long story short, we cut down 7 before the Paladin succumbed to her wounds and we lost. 

As board games go, it was a lot of fun, with similar mechanics to the 4th edition DnD RPG.  Gameplay was fast and smooth once we got the hang of the phases of the turn.  Can't wait to play again.

No comments:

Post a Comment