Friday, May 25, 2012

I'm Free!!!!!!



Yay! I'm free! I get my life back!! I have fulfilled my last obligation for the school year and I am now a free man. My life has been non-stop kids sports and activities since early September.  I have three beautiful daughters, all of which enjoy sports. So living by the philosophy that a parent should take an active part in their childrens' lives, I decided about seven years ago to start coaching.  Needless to say, I only had one kid participating back then.  Well now it's soccer, volleyball, softball and cheerleading (I'm only a spectator at cheerleading).  As the school year comes to a close, I treated my daughter's 8th grade volleyball team to a round of Buffalo Wings.  We had some laughs and tears as we all realized that our time as a team was now over.  I don't regret a minute of it, but a part of me is glad its over.  For the summer at least.  I now intend to take some Dad time and get back to some gaming.

This weekend I'm going to dive into my Space Marines and do some reading and maybe sit up 'til all hours watching DVDs. I'm really looking forward to summer this year.  As I said, it's been a hectic year with the kids, a new job, knee surgery and whatnot.  I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment